Next Chat Event

Lost Grandmother

Go down

Lost Grandmother

Post by quietwriter on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:06 am

In 2015, I lost my Grandmother and was not able to attend her funeral due to living out of state and not having any money for a plane ticket. I left many things unsaid, and I wanted to tell her how much I loved her, and appreciated her, and how wonderful she was. She was a very sweet person, and I wish I had more time with her. I wish that I had been a better person back then, overall. I miss her everyday.
quietwriter
Full  Member

Times User Thanked: : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Grandmother

Post by Cloud on Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:49 am

quietwriter wrote:In 2015, I lost my Grandmother and was not able to attend her funeral due to living out of state and not having any money for a plane ticket. I left many things unsaid, and I wanted to tell her how much I loved her, and appreciated her, and how wonderful she was. She was a very sweet person, and I wish I had more time with her. I wish that I had been a better person back then, overall. I miss her everyday.

hugs:loveheart:quietwriter
I'm sorry for the loss of you grandmother

It must have made you feel guilty to not be able to make her funeral. But you know something? she would have understood and she would tell you right now that you tried and that's all that mattered. heartbeat
You know you can tell her now how much you love her and she will hear you
She would tell you too that she loves and appreciated all you did for her too, and that to forgive yourself for the past because you were young. She will forever be in your heart mind and thoughts and she will always be watching over you

Guilt from not attending funerals is ok and valid. I couldn't make myself go to one last year. I physically and emotionally couldn't face it so I didn't go. I felt terrible

But a friend reminded me that.. well they are not there. I know funerals are also a tribute to them but you can also do your own thing at home in your own time
I think we need to just accept that some can't make it to funerals and that is completely normal. We shouldn't feel guilty, in your case you also had a very valid reason (and i'm sorry)

hugs forgive yourself, your grandmother loves you
Cloud
Reader
Reader

Female Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 2839
Times User Thanked: : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by quietwriter on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:01 am

Thank you for such kind words, Cloud. You are very sweet. I will tell her that I love her, and I am glad to know that she can hear me. I look forward to meeting my Grandmother again in the afterlife, and I hope that she is always with me now.
quietwriter
Full  Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Btd9296 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:28 pm

I’m so very sorry for your loss, hun. Praying for you and your loved ones.

Sent from Topic'it App
Btd9296
Full  Member

Female Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down