Next Chat Event
What would you do in this situation? (Off topic) 5nvklj

What would you do in this situation? (Off topic) 9tpt39

What would you do in this situation? (Off topic)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What would you do in this situation? (Off topic) Empty What would you do in this situation? (Off topic)

Post by Cloud on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi all

Wanted your opinions on this please

So, I am staying in a hotel and have been here for a few weeks.
The staff really don't get along with each other in here. I get on with some of the staff, two in particular have been very helpful, one is a French lady who's been so kind to me always friendly, the others are distanced and don't really say hello, they seem to be in a bad mood all the time so I just smile at them when I walk past and let them be.
There have been a few incidents between two male staff members targeted at the French lady. The first time, I heard shouting outside my room, so I went to go look/listen and I heard a male worker here shouting at the lady, she was saying sorry repeatedly. It was right outside my door. So ten minutes later I went to the front desk to hand something in and saw she was crying. I thought perhaps she had made a mistake and had taken things to heart.. as you do. I have had the same happen at work in the past and i'd take it to heart too .........
Second time, she was outside my room again and was saying to someone behind the door ''yes sir, i'll remember my manners and be polite and smile all the time'' and she laughed. She slammed the door, then swore calling him an effing B, and walked off.
Again, I didn't get involved.

I saw her crying... and I saw her crying another time at the desk. She was crying so hard I told her I witnessed her being shouted at and I held her hand for a second and said it would be ok , she said thank you and she broke down and I left before anyone else came in. I didn't want anybody who was causing trouble seeing I was aware or getting involved, in case they'd kick me out of here.

Today the same guy was shouting at her outside my room again. Earlier I went to the desk where she was and she looked very anxious and asked me ''have you seen my supervisor?'' I said no and she ran off anxiously, as if she's walking on eggshells.

Now.. part of me doesn't want to get involved because I need to stay here right now and couldn't risk being kicked out. The other part of me knows something must be going on in here between the staff and this woman is giving me the impression she's scared and/or could be being forced or manipulated in some way. It's hard for me to explain but she's always crying and always being shouted at. Most would think, then why doesn't she leave her job if she's unhappy.. but I figured out she lives below the hotel and so the manager has a lot of power over her, in the sense that i'm sure if she lost her job she'd be forced to leave her home downstairs as well.

I looked in to modern slavery because it just crossed my mind and apparently it's very common in hospitality jobs.. I don't want to jump the gun and come to conclusions but i'm wondering whether I should say something or try take her to one side and ask if she's ok. She knows i'm aware , that I witnessed the shouting because I told her I saw ad heard it. Since then it's like she's dropping hints... have you seen my supervisor....... she had no reason to ask me that. I just went to collect my mail..... my friend thinks she's trying to tell me something but i'm unsure if i'm reading in to it too much.

This place isn't the nicest, staff keep walking in to rooms without knocking on people's doors, have walked in to mine three times without knocking. It's so disorganized, and they treat their staff like rubbish.

What would you do in this situation?

Psychic Reader
Psychic Reader

Female Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 3843
Times User Thanked: : 143

Back to top Go down

What would you do in this situation? (Off topic) Empty Re: What would you do in this situation? (Off topic)

Post by Cloud on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:52 pm

She comes across as being scared, to me. I pick up on it. She's scared to make any mistake or get on his wrong side.
That's natural sure but in a way it seems they've singled her out, and are bullying her a lot... some might say it's her responsibility to report it or do something about it, but is it? should witnesses to this in a workplace say something too?.

What do you do when the manager is the problem. . he owns this place and runs it. Is there anything I can do?

I'm thinking out loud trying to figure it out. I believe sometimes, a huge problem with abuse of any kind is that people are aware and don't do or say anything because they feel it's not their responsibility to get involved. If we are all like this then will anybody get the help they need?

I'm willing to talk to her and i'm also willing to report it , I just don't know which of those is right. Maybe handing her a letter with phone numbers for services might be an easier way to do that...

Psychic Reader
Psychic Reader

Back to top Go down

What would you do in this situation? (Off topic) Empty Re: What would you do in this situation? (Off topic)

Post by Renaud on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Ummm, okay so I have been in similar situations ....so my point if view may sound bizzare but I want you to know so that you can choose,

First we don't always understand the situations even if we think we know, because they might act victims but they might not be changing their ways to avoid that so that Spurs up a reputation which gives way to an attitude towards you...
Secondly I feel in this case and cases like this it's important to listen to both sides of the story from the person, other staff and manager themselves to get to a firmer resolution, but i don't want you to give her an impression that you are interested in helping her , because her giving you hints is not quite a bold step and she is aware of consequences herself and it poses more harm to you , for your conscience you can slip the contact for help to her and even complain once you leave

Sent from Topic'it App
Renaud
Renaud
Loyal Member
Loyal  Member

Times User Thanked: : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Renaud on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:40 pm

But it's too early to make up a mind about who's who?
We both know if she has to escape it she will need your help, if she was capable of it she would have tried talking more openly with you .

Sent from Topic'it App
Renaud
Renaud
Loyal Member
Loyal  Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Renaud on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:41 pm

When people opt the sly approach ....it's not very safe.

Sent from Topic'it App
Renaud
Renaud
Loyal Member
Loyal  Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Renaud on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Rest when the call gets toughest , I pray and do what I feel like and also owning all consequences to myself good or bad

Sent from Topic'it App
Renaud
Renaud
Loyal Member
Loyal  Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:13 am

Thanks Renaud

After thinking over what you said, I feel like I will just leave it and wait and see .... good way of putting it, hinting doesn't tell me nothing, if she actually said something to me that would be different

Appreciate your thoughts on this, hugs

Psychic Reader
Psychic Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Renaud on Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:14 am

True,hugs

Sent from Topic'it App
Renaud
Renaud
Loyal Member
Loyal  Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:19 am

Renaud wrote:But it's too early to make up a mind  about who's who?
We both know if she has to escape it she will need your help, if she was capable of it she would have tried talking more openly with you .

Sent from Topic'it App

You are right, if there is something going on, it doesn't seem as though she's ready to talk about it directly. I will be complaining though once I leave and it's safe..

for now i'll just back off and leave out of it, unless things get any worse.. next time they are shouting outside my door i'll ask them is everything ok ....... i'm right by the staff door so I hear all the bitching, telling off, and arguments. Lol..... just my luck.

Psychic Reader
Psychic Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Renaud on Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 am

And one more thing please don't entertain her and her slyness
...I am sure you will know when you see and feel genuinity .

If she gave you a hi t once and she felt you responded she might do it again , that way to approach is not for those who want the change but people who want others to fight their battles and not get hurt .

If you speak up ,it may also so happens she might come clean and innocent and staff feel that they should tone down but you might get into an ugly position.

Sent from Topic'it App
Renaud
Renaud
Loyal Member
Loyal  Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Renaud on Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Hi I dropped by to check the status😅, how you doing ?

Sent from Topic'it App
Renaud
Renaud
Loyal Member
Loyal  Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next