[ 2 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Horoscopes - Do you read yours?

Post by Cloud on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:38 am

Do you read your horoscopes?

Know of any good astrologers?

Believe in them? don't believe in them? tell us below : )

Psychic Reader
Psychic Reader

Female Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 3489
Times User Thanked: : 125

Back to top Go down

Re: Horoscopes - Do you read yours?

Post by Dragon on Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:56 pm

In reality, the charts and horoscope are just smokescreens to deflect your attention from what is really going on, which is a cold reading. This is simply an old carnival trick, employed today with great success not just by astrologers, but psychics and mediums and hucksters of all brands.

Some people just need another person to listen to them and show some concern for their problems. On the other hand, astrologers who recommend against particular marriages or projects because of the "stars" might be providing disastrous advice. There is, sadly, no way to differentiate between the two.

Getting hooked on horoscopes as a guide for your daily life isn't being fair on yourself.

Consider how the positions of stars have changed since horoscopes were first formed. The signs aren't even in the same positions as they once were.

Due to the fact that all the planets are constantly changing their positions, these cycles in fact never actually repeat themselves, making each person an absolute individual. A single horoscope can therefore never capture the breadth of personality and destiny of any single person.

Look at what your horoscope says. Then look at a different sign's horoscope. Can they both be applied to you? Then try looking at all the different signs. See how general they are? At least a few can be applied to anyone, including yourself, which proves that they are not specialized in any way whatsoever.

One of the dilemmas that horoscopes have always had is in the case of twins. Twins seldom have the same fortune and many have different styles and personality. If horoscopes were real, they'd act exactly the same and have the same love life and fortune.  

Challenge comments made by people about being driven by being a star sign type; this simply reinforces self-perpetuating stereotypes rather than accepting that all human beings are a lot more complex than any horoscope could ever dream of.

You are  free to chart your own course and discover people for who they really are.

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Times User Thanked: : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:00 pm

I agree with you Dragon, I think we should take them with a pinch of salt

Someone got me a Capricorn 2019 book recently, it's got a horoscope within it for each day of the year. I sat there reading this thing grinning at how every day of 2019 is mapped out for me, with comments surrounding me doing housework on the 5th January and me facing an envious person on the 12 February. if we rely too much on things like this we are kind of setting ourselves up for failures

In saying that, I discovered something called Vedic astrology which is the indian kind, that seems to be a it better than that we're used to.. though I still wouldn't rely on it heavily. It being accurate once or twice doesn't mean it always will... and yes we need to be very careful these days with how many cold readers there are out there.. it's so easy to cold read and so easy to fall for cold readings when you are in pain. Like you said, a lot of people really need empathy nd someone to listen to them and unfortunately, fairground readers see this vulnerability and go right for these people ... Been there myself... never again

Psychic Reader
Psychic Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Renaud on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:02 am

I totally agree and adding to it ,
I felt the vedic astrology used a strong prediction method but it always depended on a person's karma , that's y the best of sages used to say or warn of any reading as only a POSSIBILITY and not with certainty , it came into existence on a prime note to serve as the precautionary measure to look out for ones action.

As of now there are very few genuine pioneers in that field of knowledge and mostly people are fooled by naive learners.

Sent from Topic'it App
Renaud
Renaud
Full  Member

Times User Thanked: : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:43 am

Renaud wrote:I totally agree and adding to it ,
I felt the vedic astrology used a strong prediction method but it always depended on a person's karma , that's y the best of sages used to say or warn of any reading as only a POSSIBILITY and not with certainty , it came into existence on a prime note to serve as the precautionary measure to look out for ones action.

As of now there are very few genuine pioneers in that field of knowledge and mostly people are fooled by naive learners.

Sent from Topic'it App

Great Post Renaud :iagree: yourock

I love when readers will highlight that nothing is set in stone but is a possibility... honesty goes a long way

A good friend of mine Pauline married an indian man and once a year they would visit family in India. They both went to get their Vedic astrology charts done (were very expensive considering. Maybe £200 GBP) and according to Pauline and other friends the charts were amazingly accurate... pinpointing marriages, even death dates. Her husband passed away on the day predicted in his astrology chart and it makes you wonder how it all works. Does expectation of something happening make it more likely to happen? who knows, but I would love to get one of these charts done out of curiosity crystal ball crystal ball

Psychic Reader
Psychic Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Renaud on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:13 am

Umm....The answer to that question is set ...How much you know about how karma works.

And just a warning there are many fakes.

The charts are representation of the blueprint which the soul choose before passing over back to earth as human to settle it's karma and learn soul lessons and walk up the soul level to reach the blissfil state or you can say become a buddha., Enlightened, realised, etc.

The vedic charts are independent of ripple earned with the deflection in the behaviour pattern ,spiritual seeking , kriya and karma .

A small ripple is most famously recognised as just a chance or a bonus point .
But one can make full use if ripples once they truly know how to be in here and now.

You can watch a movie which illustrate a little bit concept inspired from this .....Adjustment bureau. And if you remember the last scene of conjuring 2 wherein she is hallucinated by the vision of death of her husband and the child hanging from tree towards the end.........So being in reality and not being lured by the presumed circumstances helped .
She brought herself in the NOW to effectively change what followed.

Sent from Topic'it App
Renaud
Renaud
Full  Member

Times User Thanked: : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:42 am

Thanks for sharing Renaud

hugs

Psychic Reader
Psychic Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplemoon86 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:29 am

I read them, but think overall they can apply to most people with that star sign

Still find the vedic astrology interesting.

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Female Zodiac : Cancer Posts : 199
Times User Thanked: : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down