Next Chat Event

Cross Roads...

Go down

Cross Roads...

Post by Purplemoon86 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:57 am

I'm a student Nurse... ( a mature one at that )

I started noing it would be tough especially having to juggle a family... but this year i have found it extremely hard, physically and mentally draining the hours i have to do are just too much then studying and dealing with family life i feel i have give everything i have got and i can't give anymore, i have never felt at such a cross roads in my life when it has come to career, i've got 2 yrs left and honestly can say at this moment in time i'm not sure i can do it,  Sad

Forum Moderator

Female Zodiac : Cancer Posts : 164
Times User Thanked: : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Cross Roads...

Post by Cloud on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:44 am

hug3 Purplemoon hug3

So sorry you are feeling stressed out at the moment and it's come to this, I can relate to you a lot

Back in 2016 I was also studying nursing, having qualified as a nursing assistant I had a feel of what it would entail and I decided I really wanted to study general nursing (adult); I passed the access with flying colours but shortly after went through a (pretty big) crisis in my family life and I found it so hard to keep up with all the wok, just like you are. It was insane, I was staying up all night to finish work, meanwhile trying to hold down part time work and look after family at the same time and I cracked under the stress. I went from doing well to getting substandard marks and I decided one day I just couldn't do it anymore. I still regret it now that I didn't finish it because I did eventually feel better and more motivated but I came away with little but student debt (that i'm gonna have to pay because I did not finish it all and qualify) and wasted months of hard work that I did put in. I do understand how hard it is, I wasn't even doing the 12 hour shifts you are doing but the sheer thought of that is exhausting.

My advice, well it's hard because I know how much you want this but it's clearly taking it's toll. I think it's hard to know what to do from here as you've worked so hard this past year and beyond, and the next two years will (when looking back) fly by~
before you know it you'll have qualified and will be enjoying applying for different placements..

But right now it's really stressful so I would say this: you know what you need to do... but I would explore other things first..
Can anybody help you with the children whilst you're working?
How is your husband coping, is he struggling with you having long shifts?
is there anything that could make it a little bit easier?

Also, have you registered with a student nurse forum? those might be really helpful for you , there are lots in your situation, they are 1 year in and it's taking it's toll...

This forum is good: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Check it out and it might be worth posting on there, you'll probably meet other student nurses in the UK who are in the same boat and be able to talk to experienced nurses who were in your shoes an found a few solutions to work through things

:boquet: :boquet: sending positive energy your way :flower2: hugs

Reader

Female Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 2583
Times User Thanked: : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:47 am

What are you working towards?
Pediatrics? mental health? general?

I love you

Reader

Female Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 2583
Times User Thanked: : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Purplemoon86 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Cloud wrote:What are you working towards?
Pediatrics? mental health? general?

I love you

Thanks Cloud for replying

Psychiatric nurse

I think the reason i'm finding it so hard, is im having to do the long 14hr shifts as i still have to be earning while studying, child care is not a problem, luckily i get help from my family, the long hours are proving to interfere with my social life and the time i get to spend with hubby i am literally always tired, he is supportive in every way, but i think unless you are in that line of work you have no real idea the amount that has to be done, it just feels my life is work, studying, home life and that is it, I'm trying not to feel sorry for myself, as i did go into this noing full well how hard it would be, i will try a forum, i have my work pals who i can vent to, but need to make some time i think just to catch up with my old buddies who i haven't seen for a while.

I know deep down i cant give up now and there is no other job i would want to do!

I will come back to this post when i finally get my Degree  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Forum Moderator

Female Zodiac : Cancer Posts : 164
Times User Thanked: : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down