Next Chat Event

What are some ways you remember your loved ones?

Go down

What are some ways you remember your loved ones?

Post by Cloud on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:07 am

Was thinking this morning how we all remember our loved ones and how , for each person

I was thinking about ''wakes'' which is when the family will gather usually right before or right after the funeral. But after this we tend to part our own ways and remember our loved ones privately, grieving privately.
Not all of us, but I know it's been that way for me and others I know.

So lighting a candle, bauble's on tree at Christmas time, prayers, photographs and maybe even drinking their favourite beverage or listening to their favourite songs.. how do you remember your loved ones? or to better phrase it, what helps you to remember the happier times with them?

Reader

Female Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 2839
Times User Thanked: : 56

Back to top Go down

Re: What are some ways you remember your loved ones?

Post by Cloud on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:17 am

I have planted a couple of trees, the ending of one life intuitively guided me to nurture another life, albeit a plant or a tree. For the weeks and months just after, it helped for me to focus on life, as strange as it sounds. To give and help life come to the plants/trees and animals around me really helped me to cope.

For anniversaries I usually light a candle and will go through photographs, have let off balloons and lanterns for them and listen to their favourite music

Some have mentioned doing memory boxes, or scrapbooks. I haven't done these as such but I did have an altar for them, I collected things like acorns, feathers I had found, photographs of them and little things they had given me over the years, and that was my place in the house to go and just focus on them , feeling close to them when I needed to..

I suppose there are many ways and some of us wont feel the need to do any of the above but feel free to talk about it if you would like. Overall it's as simple as closing your eyes and connecting to your heart as they are there.

Spiritually speaking, Lisa Williams (Famous Medium) once said that when you are feeling like they are far, reach out your arm, they are there.

At an arms length exactly.

She said this is how far away the spiritual plane is where they transition over to

Reader

Female Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 2839
Times User Thanked: : 56

Back to top Go down